GERBER Translation Software & Services
Import virtually all GERBER and CAD formats and Outputs to most popular Assembly, AOI, ATE Test & Selective Soldering Equipment. Also outputs to Gencad, Fabmaster, PADS, Mentor Graphics, ipc-d-356, ipc-2581, ipc2581, etc.
DEMONSTRATIONS: The fastest way to learn about the Unisoft software is usually to go online with us and we can process one of your PC Boards or use our data files to show you the software. We highly recommend a hands-on demonstration and we are available now or virtually anytime to go online with you — contact us.
Questions or Online Meeting Demonstrations
If you have a question use the email that follows or call us.
Online meetings are usually the fastest way to learn about the Unisoft software. We can go online virtually anytime and process one of your PC Board projects or use our data files to show you the software.
To start an online meeting the procedure is simple
- We normally use GoToMeeting for the online meeting. You'll click the "Join a Meeting" link there and enter the logon ID# we give you.
TRIAL SOFTWARE: Another quick way to learn about the software is to download the trial software.
The trial software has HELP for most menu items by hovering over the menu item for a second then click any of the videos, manual or website links to learn about the software.
Maybe you already have manufacturing software that you use to program production floor equipment, etc but you need a way to convert newer or non supported cad file formats to this software. Unisoft can import virtually any CAD format and export a standard file for import to your existing manufacturing software. Output formats include GENCAD, Fabmaster, ipcd356, ipc-2581, ipc2581, Mentor Graphics, PADS .ASC, etc. For example Unisoft can import virtually any CAD file format and export to Teradyne/Genrad D2B Alchemist or Fabmaster Test Expert software. We can sell you this software for your use or can perform the conversion service for you and return the correct files to you.
Use our in-house Gerber translation service to convert your GERBER files. Raw Gerber data is devoid of most intelligent information used in manufacturing such as referenced designators, pin numbers and x/y locations. Our service quickly translates your Gerber files into an intelligent working database ready for use in manufacturing. Need gerber conversion, gerber to netlist, x/y, etc.? Contact Unisoft for details or fill in the GERBER TRANSLATION SERVICE FORM below.
Do you have special problems such as gerber translation? For example: You do not have the native CAD files for your project. You only have the raw Gerber Files and a BOM (Bill Of Materials). You need to program production equipment such as Automatic Assembly Equipment, AOI Inspection Equipment or ATE Test Equipment (Fly Probe, In-Circuit or MDA) and you do not know where to turn — we can do it for you! Our in-house service translates your raw Gerber files and BOM files into real reference designators, theta rotation, part numbers, X/Y component pin geometries, values, tolerances, etc. This data is then used by Process Engineers, Test Engineers, etc. Process Engineers use the data to program their SMT, Thru-hole Automatic Assembly, AOI Inspection Equipment and create process assembly instruction documents, etc. Test Engineers use the data to program their ATE (Genrad ".ckt", Teradyne "ipl", Hewlett Packard "board & board x/y"), MDA, and flying probe test equipment (Takaya, etc.) and design the "Bed of Nails" test fixtures. Of course the software also imports virtually all standard native CAD file types too!
IMPORTING CAD FILES: A list and samples of the CAD file formats Unisoft imports are on our Importing CAD Files page.
Sample Assembly machine setup file used by process engineers:
IC4 360-0834 90 1.575 1.475 R24 111-0122 270 2.750 3.200 R26 111-0103 270 2.250 3.200
Generic Output has every component pin and is used by test engineers to setup their test equipment:
1 net1 C1.1 X -4.800 Y 0.320 Top Smd 2 net2 C1.2 X -4.800 Y 0.180 Top Smd 1 net1 C10.1 X -5.125 Y 0.720 Bottom Smd 3 net3 C10.2 X -5.125 Y 0.580 Bottom Smd
In addition to the export outputs above we can translate from raw Gerber file formats such as IPC-D-356 / IPC-2581 / ipc2581 for Takaya Flying Probe ATE, GenCAD, FabMaster FATF, and others.
When we build a netlist and x/y data files from Gerber data we verify connections on each layer to ensure proper connectivity. This insures that we catch any netlist errors. We also verify that the export process correctly interprets these netlist and x/y locations.
As a bonus the Gerber conversion is compatible with our ProntoVIEW-MARKUP software and all other Unisoft OneFACTORY modules. With ProntoVIEW-MARKUP you can display the PC Board assembly and actively search components, pins, etc. Click here for more ProntoVIEW-MARKUP information.
GERBER TRANSLATION SERVICE FORM
IMPORTANT: This information aids us in knowing what you need and sending you the proper information you require. All information is kept private. We believe you will find our software very useful. Thank you for your time!
Please fill in the fields below and click SUBMIT (do not use the ENTER key to move between fields, it will submit the form).
Additional Translation Services
- TRANSLATE STANDARD CAD FILES TO FLAT ASCII FILES — Inexpensively & quickly using our proprietary software, UniSOFT will translate most any CAD file from your CAD system to extract the net and drill information.
- EQUIPMENT SETUP FILES — Some electronic manufacturing customers find it more convenient or cost effective to send us their CAD or Gerber data and have us create the exact files necessary to setup their test or assembly equipment. For ATE test we create the necessary input circuit description files and test fixture fabrication files. For assembly we create optimized placement programs that run the assembly equipment.
- SPECIAL TRANSLATIONS — In addition, we can often handle data that requires special translation or other processing. For example CAD or Gerber to custom assembly or test equipment.
Investigate Our Other Shop Floor Automation Software
- CELLS WORKFLOW Product Tracking MES is a Process Control System for use in manufacturing sectors such as electronics, semiconductor, automotive, aerospace, medical devices, pharmaceuticals and food processing. CELLS WORKFLOW Product Tracking MES includes complete product tracking, inventory tracking software, defect tracking software, collection data, deliver & control documents, Statistical Process Control (SPC) quality reporting and more.
- ProntoTEST-FIXTURE will accurately setup your Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) and design your "bed of nails" test fixturing.
- FREE CAD importing: ProntoVIEW-MARKUP is assembly CAD Viewer & Gerber Viewer software quickly find components, pin, shorts between traces, etc. ProntoVIEW-MARKUP is also a redline tool that allows annotation of the assembly to create work and assembly instructions, etc. Download the ProntoVIEW-MARKUP Software.
- ProntoPLACE will quickly program your surface mount SMT and thru-hole assembly equipment.
- ProntoGERBER-CONNECTION imports raw Gerber data and allows the user to add intelligent information to the shapes on the display. This smart data is then used directly by the other Unisoft OneFACTORY software modules or export to standard ASCII file formats for use by other manufacturing systems.